Spirulina and its benefits
Jun 19, 2015
Healthy living is a trend and it is customary for many to venture into the consumption of supplements and activities that strengthen our health and well-being in an integral way. Today we are talking about spirulina or spirulina, a food supplement that has always been described as unicellular algae although it is actually a set of cyanobacteria. Spirulina is a superfood in the form of a spiral - hence its name - that is consumed in powder or in tablets, is added to green juices, salads, or even stews. It offers a variety of more digestible proteins than red meat and a range of components such as vitamins, macrominerals, minerals, essential fatty acids, proteins, nucleic acids (DNA and RNA), chlorophyll, and a wide range of phytochemicals. Spirulina contains high amounts of chlorophyll – its color is bluish green – so it helps eliminate toxins from the body. It grows in seawater and in some lakes in Africa, America and Asia, and was a fundamental part of the diet of the Mayans and African indigenous people. It has been declared by UNESCO as the food of the millennium for its multiple properties and health benefits. It is consumed by athletes and is a rejuvenating supplement due to the concentration of nutrients, iron and antioxidants it contains. Spirulina benefits
- Promotes intestinal absorption
- Prevents and cures degenerative diseases such as arthritis, obesity, any type of inflammation, cirrhosis, etc.
- Helps rebuild body tissues, calm nerves, stabilize natural blood coagulation, generate enzymes to counteract free radicals and toxins
- Spirulina has antioxidant action, preventing premature aging of the skin
- It has low sodium and iodine content and can be consumed by more people
- It is rich in vitamin A, E, which facilitates the development of the body
- Contains complex B, B12 and B1, which helps metabolism and the nervous system
- Contains amino acids that are easily synthesized by the human body
- Promote growth and maintain the health of the body
- It is an important ally for diets that aim to lose weight and lose weight
- Controls the feeling of unnecessary appetite in the body, in the same way helps control anxiety
- Spirulina eliminates and helps treat diseases such as kidney problems, diabetes, acne, cancer, AIDS, etc.
- It also helps in the treatment of diabetes and anemia
- It provides the body with large doses of folic acid, vitamins, especially B2, iron, etc.
- Eliminates toxic substances from the body and counteracts the effects of some medicines and drugs in our body