Take note of these 10 foods to raise your defenses
March 30, 2020
Now more than ever, what we eat is key to strengthening the immune system and thus raising the body's defenses. The result will be a stronger prevention barrier and a faster reaction of our body against possible germs and viruses. Foods to raise defenses are those rich in omega-3, selenium, zinc, probiotics, vitamins A, C and E and minerals. They are indicated because they strengthen the immune system and favor the production of the body's defense cells and antibodies.
With more time at home, we can truly become more mindful of what we eat!
Here we present a list of 10 foods to raise defenses and boost the immune system.
1. Citrus fruits Very high in vitamin C, fruits such as lemon, tangerine, orange and grapefruit act as implacable guardians to raise the defenses.
2. Probiotics Fermented foods such as yogurt, miso, kimchi and kefir contain bacteria that focus on the intestine and block the multiplication of viruses that affect the body.
3. it Antibacterial, antiviral, fungicidal, anticancer and lowers cholesterol. This powerful ally is of great help in case of pharyngitis and lung infections.
4. Red fruits and vegetables Red pepper, beets, radishes, raspberries, red onions, pomegranates, apples, red potatoes, watermelon… The red color of these fruits tells us something and that is that they are rich in carotene and vitamin A. They are antioxidants, revitalize mood, improve hypertension. They also stimulate circulation and cell renewal.
5. Ginger and turmeric They are two powerful anti-inflammatories that revitalize the entire system.
6. Honey and propolis This sweet elixir contains inhibidins, substances with antiseptic properties that balance the nervous system. Propolis is a magical resin made by bees and is revered for being antiviral and antimicrobial.
7. Fungi They contain compounds called beta-glucans, capable of stimulating the defenses. Rich in potassium, they normalize blood pressure and stimulate the proper functioning of the metabolism.
8. Foods rich in Vitamin E We find it in seeds, nuts, cereals and green leafy vegetables. Vitamin E protects cells against damage caused by free radicals.
9. Lentils This traditional grain has a high content of zinc, potassium, magnesium, vitamin B and iron. It stimulates the creation of white blood cells, which fight bacteria.
10. Teas and infusions Drink plenty of water and especially many hot teas: you will keep the respiratory mucosa hydrated and clean, protecting it from possible infections. Add antiviral remedies such as mint, rosemary, lemon balm, and cinnamon to your tea.
We hope this list will be inspiring for your next visit to the supermarket ;) Let's take care of our body, mind and soul like never before!