Exotic and nutritious carrot cream
March 20, 2018
Here we propose one of the healthiest and most exquisite recipes: a cream of carrot, coconut milk, ginger & orange. Nutritious and exotic at the same time! This soup is very comforting in the winter (It's back!). It is an excellent first course for a dinner with friends or after a good walk or a class of yoga.
IngredientsFor 4 people: 5 peeled and chopped carrots + 1 onion + 2 oranges + 20 cl of coconut milk + 2 pieces of fresh ginger + 1 liter of water or vegetable broth + extra virgin olive oil + sel and pepper + Coriander, pumpkin seeds for decorate.
Step by stepDifficulty level: easy Preparation time: 30min
- Peel, wash and cut the carrots. Cut the onion and ginger.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the salt and pepper.
- Add the onion and ginger. Add the carrots, brown them for 3 minutes, stirring a little to lightly caramelize them.
- Add 1 liter of water and the squeezed orange juice.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for 40 minutes.
- Blend the soup until a creamy consistency is achieved.
- Add the coconut milk, return to the pot and cook until heated through again.
- Rectify the salt and pepper. Serve piping hot, in bowls, garnished with fresh coriander leaves or pumpkin seeds.