The golden milk or elixir of youth
November 23, 2017
Do you know golden milk, this Ayurvedic drink known as the elixir of youth? Here we share with you the recipe and information about its properties. ◇ Turmeric is a spice from India widely used in medicine ayurvedic. It has many properties: anti-inflammatory, anticancer, powerful antioxidant that helps us fight free radicals, responsible for aging. It also stimulates digestion and strengthens the immune system, among other properties. It is widely used in India as well as in other Asian countries. It is found fresh in root form or reduced to powder. It has a very intense yellow/orange color, but be careful, it stains a lot! To enhance the effects of turmeric, it is associated with black pepper, which acts in synergy, and a fatty substance (oil) that allows its absorption in the body. The preparation of golden milk is done in two steps. We first have to prepare the turmeric paste.
First step: the turmeric paste
- ¼ cup turmeric (turmeric powder or grated fresh turmeric). Be careful staining your fingers!
- ½ cup of water
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
Second step: golden milk or golden milkFor 1 person:
- 1 cup non-dairy milk (try hazelnut rice milk!)
- 1 small tablespoon of turmeric paste
- ½ tablespoon coconut or sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon honey, agave syrup, or maple syrup