Ojas, the nectar of our life [Part 1]
January 31, 2017
oh, ¿Qwhat is it exactly?Ojas is a biochemical substance that has a direct influence on the nature and quality of our physical body, mind and emotions. It is collected from plasma, blood, muscle, adipose tissue, bone, bone marrow, semen, and eggs. In Western terms, Ojas is associated with protoplasm, the ground substance of all cells. But, in reality it is a more subtle essence. It is related to the strength of kapha dosha, meaning that it is influenced by the elements of earth and water. The main location of Ojas is in our heart and it is from there that it circulates throughout our body.
100 bites of food make a drop of blood; 100 drops of blood make 1 drop of Ojas. Yogi BhajanThe resplendent image of lightness, grace and beauty that Ojas confers on a person are its perceptible outward effects. The inner effect of it is the feeling of peace, serene happiness and a very, very strong immunity. We were born with an adequate load of Ojas in our organism. We are losing it more or less quickly depending on the chosen lifestyle, stress, managing our emotions, etc. Ama, the toxins, are the opposite of Ojas.
Do I have a good level of Ojas?With low Ojas:
- you have bad breath and your tongue has a white coating.
- You have poor digestion, generalized pain,
- fatigue, depression and you are susceptible to infections.
- you tend to resign yourself and lose the desire to progress.
- the mind is quickly exhausted.
- You lose the calm and stability that characterizes it.
- The nervous system deteriorates and emotional illnesses may occur.
- you feel energetic after sleeping,
- your skin is radiant and your tongue is clean and pink.
- You also feel light and centered throughout the day, your mind is clear, and you rarely get sick.
- When Ojas is balanced, the mind is prepared to withstand periods of stress without losing its cool.