Greeting to the Moon or Chandra Namaskar to contact your feminine side [part 2]
September 21, 2017
In our post last week, we introduced the Salutation to the Moon or Chandra Namaskar. Today, we explain how to do the Moon Salutation step by step, its benefits, and what is its relationship with the I greet the Sun.
The Benefits of Saluting the MoonThe Greeting to the Moon or Chandra Namaskar is a sequence of Yoga with important benefits:
- It helps channel lunar energy that has refreshing, relaxing and creative qualities.
- Calms the nervous system.
- It allows you to connect with your feminine side.
- Produces a deep stretching and strengthening of the spine, tendons, legs, arms and stomach muscles.
- It tones the body and gives you flexibility.
- You learn to control your breath. Each posture has a breathing phase associated with it, or breathing in or out.
- As it is a learned sequence, only the subconscious acts, leaving the mind at rest.
- You learn coordination. It is necessary to create the flow between some postures and others, and to perform each one.
- It induces a meditative state as it relaxes you and frees you from negative thoughts and feelings.
- If you are not going to meditate afterwards but to sleep, it helps you rest better.